Dinsdag 31 Januarie 2012

My henna/Mendhi with Glitter!

Geplaas deur Unknown om 15:38
So I recently had mendhi applied to my hand and as I have never tried it I thought I would get glitter added to the design. It looked fabulous but didn't last long (some had rubbed off the next day and most had come off after 2-3 days) But for a day it is not too bad and its great for a special occasion. I had blue and silver to match my outfit.

1.5 hours after mendhi was applied (not washed off)

Mendhi the next day
3 days later
The glitter has stayed on the next day even though I continuously wash my wash throughout the day. After three days most of the glitter has come off apart from around my wrist.

Tips to get the best out of your henna
  • Leave the mendhi on for as long as possible. Once it starts to peel off, wash and apply oil or vix onto your hand. You may also wrap cling film around to keep in the heat. This will help the colour to darken as it heats up
  • Do not use black henna as you are more likely to gain an allergic reaction from it. If in doubt apply a test patch before use
  • The best time to apply henna is 1-2 days before a special event
  • Depending on the quality of henna, it should last for around a week
Have you ever applied henna? If so what's your favourite pattern?

0 opmerkings:

Plaas 'n opmerking

 

simple hijab for woman Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea