Vrydag 14 Oktober 2011

Review: Collection 2000 Lasting Colour Lipstick in Bubblegum, with Swatches

Geplaas deur Unknown om 08:06
Bright lips are a trend at the moment, something which I have always been unsure about. However, I have recently purchased a few bright lipsticks to see what all the fuss is about. The review today is of Collection 2000's Lasting Colour Lipstick in 6 Bubblegum

I have always admired Collection 2000 for their affordable makeup and great selection, and my sister constantly raves about their Lasting Perfection Concealer. Recently they have had a bit of a re-vamp and enlisted Diana Vickers as the face of their brand, which was a great move. 

I bought the lipstick from PyariBeauty who had a blog sale. She was also selling the Collection 2000 2 Pink Shock lipstick, but unfortunately it was already taken!

So onto the review...

The lipsticks contain spf15 which is always a plus as it will help to protect your lips from sun damage. The texture is soft and creamy with no shimmer. I have worn it for a few hours and it has amazing staying power without drying out my lips. The colour is fairly bright so I personally like to dab it on for a hint of colour, with no gloss applied as I prefer the matte look with this lipstick.

A tip for applying is to dab on with a lip brush and build up the layers. Also don't forget to gently massage your lips with lip balm to get rid of any loose skin, before applying this lipstick (very important!)

With flash

Without flash

         with a few coats of lipstick               one coat of lipstick  

 Conclusion

I'm not sure 2-3 coats of the lipstick suits me, I much prefer the softer look with 1 coat. However, I'm loving the texture and staying power of this lipstick and already have my eye on 'Birthday Suit' and 'Vintage Rose'.  
This lipstick is definitely worth purchasing, and at a RRP of £2.99 you can afford to bag a few ;-)

0 opmerkings:

Plaas 'n opmerking

 

simple hijab for woman Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea