Woensdag 12 Oktober 2011

Akhawat Stunning Abayas-How to Wrap the Shayla

Geplaas deur Unknown om 15:21
Princess Rockz in partnership with Akhawat

Akhawat have recently launched their website, and when I first had a look, I was very impressed. (first impressions count right?)

Here's some information about the company:

"Akhawat the first Abaya clothing company in the west to launch bespoke design and sizing for luxury abayas. We offer a myriad or choices when it comes to quality fabrics and designs. With an aray of different combinations, preferences, fittings, and sizes, the amount of freedom you have to express yourself is almost limitless."

Quite impressive right??

They have three collections in total, and each offer something different depending on the occassion:

BASICALLY BLACK

The Basically Black Collection offers abayas with a twist, much different to the standard black abayas I've seen. They are made from high quality material to make the abaya look, as well as feel comfortable.



I especially love this 'Sheer Silk' abaya with the pleated effect on the sleeves.

PURPLE LABEL

The Purple Label range manages to paint a vibrant picture without being too bold. The designs on the abayas are simple but still stand out, which is perfect for modern Muslimah's today as they allow you to express your individual style. You can wear for a special event or combine with your everyday clothes for a more casual look.


The Entwined Abaya is one of my favourites from the Purple Label as the detailing on the sleeves make a statement, without being extravagant. This abaya is a must for every Muslimahs wardrobe!

SIGNATURE COLLECTION

The abayas in this collection are ideal for that special event, say a wedding or evening do, and you want to impress. The abayas are hand embroidered with elegant embellishments delivered on sumptuous, soft fabrics.

The Serenity Abaya from the 'Signature Collection' is gorgeous and perfect to wear as a bridal or wedding abaya. Made from pure silk, it is lined with silk satin, so you don't have to worry about wearing a seperate slip underneath.

There is a pure chiffon slit at the hip with a flared train (can be made to order with a double slit if preferred) The abaya comes with a shayla which is heavily detailed with hand embroidery of crystal stones and pearls. I especially love the drape beading, almost like a necklace-very much my style!

If you like this abaya but want to make some changes to the design or colour, then Akhawat offer a full custom order service where they will consult with you closely, offering expert advice to create a design of your choice.

I receive a lot of requests on my youtube and facebook page from people wanting to know how to style a shayla. So when Akhawat kindly sent me a shayla for the Serenity Abaya, I thought I would make a video on my Youtube Channel to show everyone just how simple it is. I've taken inspiration from the photos on their website and have come up with a second style where the border is placed at the front, as opposed to the side.

For Style Number one I re-created this look:

And here's my outcome...


Comparison....


The second style I've created....


To see how I created the 2 styles watch the video below:


Btw the beautiful hijab I'm wearing at the beginning of the video is called 'Awash with Teal' and is from Princess Rockz

What do you think of my styling?

You can visit Akhawat on their website
Check out their blog











0 opmerkings:

Plaas 'n opmerking

 

simple hijab for woman Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea